With ingredients that are readily sourced, a recipe that is straightforward & easy to prepare and with a final product that accommodates a wide range of palates….. this one is a proverbial no-brainer for the holiday season.
- 12 Large White Mushrooms
- 1 ½ sticks of butter
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (tabasco or other)
- Parsley for garnish
Hollandaise Sauce Topping
- 1 pack Knorr’s Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 cup milk
- ½ stick of butter
Steps to Make The Dish
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Wash and clean the mushrooms, removing stems and gills
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter, Brush a little melted butter over mushroom caps (reserve remaining melted butter).
- Spray a shallow baking dish (about 8-inch square, or one which will fit mushrooms in one layer or cupcake pan works great) with nonstick cooking spray, or grease the pan with
- Combine the crab, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, hot sauce and remaining melted butter until all blended. Be careful not to completely break up all of the crab.
- Fill the mushrooms, mounding the stuffing in each cap.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the crab stuffing is browned and mushroom caps are tender.
- While mushrooms are baking prepare Hollandaise sauce according to package directions.
- When the mushrooms are done, top each mushroom with Hollandaise, a dash of your favorite hot sauce and a sprinkle of parsley.
Merry Christmas, happy holidays and tight lines. Bon Appétit