Fellow anglers. You will be forgiven if you haven’t stumbled to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s recent request for comments on Flounder, Sheepshead and Tripletail. These kind of requests for input often get obscured by the plethora of information going into, and coming out of, the FWC. In the FWC’s words:
FWC is collecting feedback on Florida’s flounder, sheepshead and tripletail fisheries. If you fish for any of these three species, we’d like to know more about:
- Whether you actively target them or if you catch them while targeting other species
- How you fish for them (hook-and-line, etc.)
- Is the fishery seasonal in your area
- When and where you target them
- Your thoughts on how these fisheries are doing – compared to the past and/or compared to other fisheries
- Your thoughts on current management of these species
Old Salt encourages all anglers who fish Florida waters to chime in. Let’s make certain our voices are heard in Tallahassee.
To participate in the conversation head over to the FWC Rulemaking Comment Area.