The Baddest BBQ on the Bone Fishing Slam
Rules and Regulations 2017
$100.00 per Boat/Team – Old Salt Members
$125.00 per Boat/Team – Non Members
Onsite or late registration – $145.00 per team/boat
Eligible Species: entry fee includes all 12 species
American Red Snapper*, Kingfish, Hogfish, Grouper (Red or Gag), Mangrove Snapper, Pinfish, Spanish Mackerel, Sheepshead, Trout, Flounder, Redfish* and Snook*. (*American Red Snapper, Redfish and Snook are all photo release species)
Payouts: per species / fish
Overall: First Place: $1,000 – Second Place: $500 – Third Place: $300 – Fourth Place: $200 – Fifth Place: $100.
Youth: First Place per species: prize & trophy
Land and Kayak Teams
The teams (2 total, 1 land and 1 kayak) with the heaviest weighed fish from land and from Kayak will receive prize package (photo release species not included). Teams will indicate that they fished from land or kayak on Saturdays weigh in on their weigh in slip.
Register & Win a Suzuki Drawing: One lucky team will win a 200hp Suzuki Repower Package valued at $15,130 (DF200Atxw with rigging, labor and Gimme 6 warranty package) Courtesy of Suzuki Repower by Mastry a Yanmar Company.
Each registered team will put their boat number into the drawing at the Weigh In, Saturday, June 10th. Team must bring boat number to the Suzuki Repower / Mastry Engine booth and deposit team/boat number into drawing hopper. Team/boat numbers will be assigned at Captains meeting. Team must be present at time of drawing to be awarded winnings. Winning team will be determined by a reverse drawing.
Each registered team that weighs a fish on June 10th, will put their boat number into the drawing. Team/boat numbers will be assigned at Captains meeting. Team must bring boat number to the Suzuki Repower / Mastry Engine booth and deposit team/boat number into drawing hopper. Team must be present at time of drawing to be awarded winnings.
- This is a team/boat tournament. You may have a captain plus 4 anglers (maximum of 5) per vessel AND as few as one (1) person can qualify as a team.
- Eligible fish may be caught from a boat, land or kayak.
- Kayaks are considered a boat/vessel and only can have as many anglers as one vessel permits (combing multiple kayaks is not permitted).
- Fishing from land, teams can have a max of 2 angler.
- Teams must remain together at all times.
- All teams/boats must be paid and registered prior to Saturday, June 10th, 2017.
- Captain’s Meeting is mandatory for each team/boat. A boat number will be assigned to each team at check in during the captains meeting; your number is mandatory to weigh in your fish, Saturday, June 10th, 2017.
- Rules and regulations may be changed through the Captain’s Meeting.
- Each boat/team may weigh (or Photo release) a maximum of 5 species.
1 Fish per species.
- Boundaries – (North) Cedar Key [29 08 000] to (South) Boca Grande Pass [26 39 000]; No west boundary.
- Fishing begins at 12:01 am, Saturday, June 10th, 2017. No lines in the water prior to this time starting on Friday, June 9th at 6pm to midnight. You may use a cast net to catch bait during these hours.
- Must be in weigh in line by 6:00pm, Saturday, June 10th to be eligible to weigh fish no exceptions. One weigh slip per boat/team. Tournament officials will be at drop dock and gates to verify time and call last team in weigh in line.
- All species of fish must be caught by hand held, hand crank rod and reels only including PINFISH. No modified electric reel or devices of any kind allowed. No netting of fish.
- All fish caught in tournament must comply with State and Federal Laws. All boats participating in tournament must comply with U.S.C.G, State and Federal regulations and laws. All boats in the event can only have paid, registered anglers aboard.
- The honor system applies throughout the entire tournament.
- Boats coming into the Madeira Beach must obey the NO WAKE ZONES.
- This is a captain’s choice tournament. It is up to the discretion of the registered captain to determine whether his or her craft is seaworthy for existing sea conditions. Participants are encouraged to scan channel 16, in addition to the tournament channel (68) to keep abreast of any marine or weather warnings. The captain is responsible for all members of his/her crew both on and off the water.
- Two or more boats/teams coming in physical contact during fishing hours in any manner will be disqualified. A boat rendering assistance to another boat will not be disqualified in the case of an emergency at sea, such as onboard fire, sinking, medical emergencies, etc. Any boat/team that weighs a fish after receiving assistance from another boat will be disqualified from the tournament. Any angler fishing the tournament that receives assistance or comes in contact with another anglers fish will be disqualified.
- Fish may be brought to the weigh-in by boat or by car. A crew member must accompany the fish during the weigh-in. The only means of transportation during the tournament is by boat or car.
- No rotten or mutilated fish will be weighed in.
- Any fish weighed-in containing lead or any foreign matter will be subject to disqualification as determined by the tournament weigh master.
- A YOUTH ANGLER, eligible for the Youth Angler Prizes, must be 14 years of age or younger on the tournament date. The youth angler must catch and reel the fish to the point of gaff. The youth angler shall decide, at the tournament weigh-in, whether to weigh their catch in the Youth of Overall Division. They may choose to weigh only one of the divisions. The decision will be indicated on the tournament weigh slip. Youth Division pays one place per species – prize & trophy.
- Old Salt Fishing Foundation encourages the live release of all fish not needed for the tournament.
- ALL TOURNAMENT WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT AT TOURNAMENT AWARDS TO RECEIVE WINNINGS CHECK. Anyone receiving a check or prize valued at $600 and over from this Tournament must complete a W-9 Form before check will be written. Awards will be after the weigh in concludes – approximately 9:00pm – Saturday June 10th, 2017. (Minimum of one team member authorized to fill out paperwork and receive check must be present otherwise the winnings will be forfeited)
- Winning anglers may be required to submit to and pass a polygraph test AND / OR allow Tournament Directors to view any marine, fishing equipment and boats GPS and or electronics. Should the angler fail either test, the tournament committee reserves the right to forfeit all winnings awarded to the boat/team in question
- All protests made to the tournament committee shall be accompanied by $500 cash. Protest must be presented no later than one hour after the last fish is weighed. The $500 cash deposit will be returned if the protest is upheld.
- The tournament committee has the right to refuse entry to any applicant. In the event such refusal occurs, 100% of the applicant’s entry fee will be returned.
- All decisions of the tournament committee and weigh-master are final.
Photo Release Rules
- Anglers are responsible for providing their own digital photo equipment. (ONLY Digital Photos allowed) The tournament committee will not provide any special equipment with which to photograph or view. All photos turned in for judging will become the property of the tournament. Smartphones are accepted – you will be asked to text the photos at the weigh-in.
- Be sure camera card is cleared off with ONLY your photo release photos!
- Photos must be taken with an official Old Salt yellow measuring sticker. Available for purchase at Captains Meeting – $5.
- Pictures must be taken with nose of fish, facing left, flush against the tournament rule stick with pinched tail. Picture needs to include the entire fish and clearly show the overall length. ALL NUMBERS ON THE RULER MUST BE VISIBLE. Tournament indicator (playing card) must be in the photo as well.
- Tournament Indicator/Playing Card will be announced online at www.OldSaltFishing.com, and on Old Salt Facebook page & emailed on Friday, June 9th at 8:00pm. This Playing card is your “tournament indicator” and MUST be included in all Photos. If the wrong card or no card is shown in the photo, the photo catch will be disqualified. Digital photo cards must be turned in at Weigh In, Saturday, June 10th 2017 at weigh in by 6:00pm.
- No Slot Size required for photo release – any size is eligible.
Register & Win a Suzuki Repower Drawing
Terms and Conditions
Eligibility to Participate and Win
- Contestants must register as a team for the 2017 Old Salt Baddest BBQ on the Bone Fishing Slam.
- Each team must designate one Captain.
- The Captain shall be the individual to whom any winnings from the contest will be presented
- The Captain must attend the tournament Captains Meeting, held June 8th, 2017 on the tournament field, declare themselves as the team captain and pick up a Team/Boat Number.
- The team captain must present at the tournament weigh-in on Saturday June 10th, deposit the team’s “Team/Boat Number” into the hopper at the Suzuki Repower / Mastry Engine Center booth, and be present at the drawing, held at the end of the tournament weigh-in. The captain must be present in order to win.
- If the chosen captain is not present at the time of the drawing, another name will be drawn, and so on, until a winner, present and accounted for, is apparent.
The Suzuki REPOWER Prize Package consists of:
- (1) Suzuki Outboard motor to replace existing outboard motor – up to 200 HP, as
- New rigging tubes and connectors,
- New Propellor
- New water separator/fuel filter
- Engine oil
- Misc. rigging supplies, as needed
- New controls
- New harness
- New standard gauges
- Employees, Board Members and Committee Members of Old Salt Fishing Foundation and Mastry Engine Center a Yanmar Company are not eligible to participate and/or win the contest.
- The winner will be chosen by a random drawing conducted on Saturday June 10th, 2017 at the Old Salt Baddest BBQ on the Bone Fishing Slam.
- The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code, and the copyright therein, are the property of Old Salt Fishing Foundation. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- The winner, by acceptance of a prize, agrees to release all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize.
- Taxes, if any, on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize recipient. Old Salt’s decisions regarding the winners are final except as otherwise specified in these rules.
- Old Salt Fishing Foundation and Suzuki Repower/Mastry Engine a Yanmar Company shall be held harmless for any liability associated with the winners acceptance of the contest offer.