2020 Fall King of the Beach
Captain Anthony Belmonte & Team Figure It Out
386 teams battled rough weather, the everyday vagaries of kingfishing, COVID “issues” and each other to make the 27th Annual Old Salt Fall King of the Beach a reality. After the unfortunate cancellation of the Spring KING in May and the ensuing Covid related challenges we all faced, the Fall tournament was anything but certain. The “go” decision happened just 5 weeks prior to the scheduled date. Old Salt, its board our volunteers and teams had to scramble to deliver. And deliver they did.
From the efforts of the 386 teams that fished the tournament over 200 fish (King & Spanish) were weighed. That’s a very respectable percentage weighed considering the conditions. And while Old Salt had to jigger tournament operations around a bit to accomodate Covid in the end, Teams fished, weighed and won. Just like always.
- Overall Division: Team Figured It Out – Captain Anthony Belmonte
- Single Engine Division: Team Hatfield – Captain Robert Burnett
- Ladies Division: Team Offshors Boca Grande – Angler Carly Hoffner
- Youth Division: TEam Horizon Haze – Angler Connor Weldon
- Spanish Mackerel Division: Team Wager Lead – Angler Logan Gohler
- Traveling Angler: Team Underdog – Angler Andrew Pepsy
The 2020 Old Salt Fall King of the Beach tournament paid out 67 places (including TWT’s) for over $200,000 in cash and prizes. The new King, Captain Belmonte and Team Figured It Out, walked with a cool $51,100
Catch up on the hundreds of tournament pics, the livestream broadcast and angler reactions on Old Salt website and social media platforms.