Looking for a spicy, bite size way to satisfy your Florida lobster craving? These lobster bites take you in the direction of “buffalo” but with your own personal twist. Sweet and tangy. With plenty of lobster available during season, this recipe offers an easy, straight forward path to satisfying your craving.
The Lobster Bites – The Ingredients
Florida Lobster Tail – 2 lbs (Cleaned and cut into 1” pieces)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 C – Whole Milk
- 1 C – All Purpose Flour
- 1 C – Bisquick
- ¼ t – Old Bay Seasoning
- Oil for frying – I use Peanut Oil
The Lobster Bites – Directions:
- Pour oil into a skillet or deep fat fryer. Heat the oil to high, approximately 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 eggs with milk until creamy, set aside.
- In a breader/batter bowl (or medium mixing bowl) add flour along with Old Bay Seasoning, mix well. Do not discard
- Place lobster bites in and toss to coat.
- Once coated with flour, add a few pieces of the flour coated lobster into the egg wash
- Add Bisquick directly to the flour/seasoning in the breader bowl, mix well.
- Remove the chunks from the egg wash and return them to the breader bowl for the last coating of the flour and bisquick mixture.
- Once all of the pieces have been dredged in the flour, then egg, then Flour/Bisquick they are ready to fry.
- Add the lobster one at a time into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Remove and immediately add to bowl of Abacos Spicy Sauce (recipe follows below)
- Toss in sauce to coat
- Remove and serve immediately with Tangy Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce (recipe follows below)
Abacos Spicy Sauce – Ingredients
- ½ C – Favorite Hot Sauce (Like Tabasco or Crystal)
- ½ C – Honey
Abacos Spicy Sauce – Directions:
- Add equal parts of hot sauce and honey to a small mixing bowl
- Blend until completely combined.
- Set aside until Lobster is fully cooked
Blue Cheese Dip – Ingredients
- ½ C – Mayonnaise
- ¼ C – Whole Milk
- ¼ C – Sour Cream
- 1T – Lemon Juice
- ½T – Worcestershire
- 4 oz – Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Salt/Pepper to Taste
Blue Cheese Dip – Directions:
- Mix together all ingredients except blue cheese crumbles
- Gently add blue cheese crumbles so that the pieces stay together
- Refrigerate until ready to serve