Happy New Year!
We are looking forward to a fish filled 2018.
We have a some new faces on our monthly seminar circuit, starting with Capt. Dave Markett speaking on Inshore Fishing Techniques to start this chilly month off with. We have 8 fishing seminars throughout the year covering the many aspects of fishing the Gulf waters of Florida.
Make sure you renew or sign up for your 2018 Membership. Your membership supports all our good works programs throughout the year.
In 2017, with your assistance, Old Salt good works include:
- Generous financial support to local charities
- Educational seminars and trips with our local youth to the Clearwater Aquarium
- Distribution of over 1000 fishing rods to children at our Bone Fishing Tournament, the Big Brothers- Big Sisters Fishing Day, Pediatric Cancer Foundation Kids Fishing Rodeo
- Hosted 40 kids and their families at our annual Special Needs Fishing Day with partner LIFT
- Partnered with 1st Downs for Life to put 50 kids and their families (all whose lives have been impacted by cancer) on fishing a fishing adventure out of Johns Pass with the good folk from Hubbard’s Marina
- Hurricane Irma relief with our Florida Strong program of Fisherman helping Fisherman
- Financial support for the Adopt A Mile Program here in Madeira Beach
- A $5,000 donation to the Billfish Foundation (via the Florida West Coast Blue Water Series) from the 46th annual Old Salt LOOP Tournament and we tagged every catch to assist with the Foundations research efforts
- Provided financial support for the construction of the ROC Park Fishing and Observation Pier
On our tournament trail …
• Johnny Kellar has moved locations to Bay Pines Marina and their new Harbour Master Tiki Bar
• Silver anniversary (25 years!) for the Old Salt King of the Beach – Be on the look out for exciting prize upgrades
• Ladies Tournament has changed dates from September to June
• LOOP has partnered once again with the West Coast Blue Water Series and is looking forward to bigger prizes.
• Our Kid’s Fishing Slam is now an event on its own and is in September
So join us in 2018 and check our website frequently for news and fishing tips all year round.